P0172 VOLKSWAGEN - System Too Rich Bank 1
- Faulty front heated oxygen sensor
- Ignition misfiring
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Exhaust gas leaks
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too large. (The mixture ratio is too rich.)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Excessive Fuel Consumption
P0172 VOLKSWAGEN Description
In case the amount of the compensation value is extremely large (The actual mixture ratio is too lean.), the ECM judges the condition as the fuel injection system malfunction and light up the MIL (2 trip detection logic).
Need more help?
P0172 VOLKSWAGEN CommentsHelp us improve k1no-portal.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0172 Volkswagen code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks